Monday, August 10, 2009

'The Lost Boys' - Spoilers in this Post

This is the Original 1987's theatrical trailer.



I didn't enjoy this one as much as I thought I was going to. I was disappointed when it became obvious, that this was a 'spoof'. Had I realised that it was a comedic take on the genre, I would have perhaps been more open minded - but not necessarily. The gushing, weak-red- cordial-blood, flooding from every piece of plumbing in the house, was just B-grade for me.

But, regardless of whether I liked it or not, 'The Lost Boys' has become a cult classic for Vamp fans. So, it begs to question - why? The interpretation of the vampire myth is quite different from other vampire mythology. They more devoured their victims, rather than just killing them through feeding. I suppose its success is in just what I found annoying- it is funny, but not quite funny enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment